Become An Apprentice
From hairdressing and cookery through to carpentry and automotive, Apprenticeships and Traineeships allow you to dive into exciting, essential industries while learning on the job. TAFE Queensland Brisbane is invested in giving those searching for a real career the opportunities they need to succeed in their chosen field.
How we help you
We help you get started by:
- Working with you to choose the right apprenticeship or traineeship
- Pointing you in the right direction when looking for an appropriate employer
- Talking you through the overall costs of training and funding available to you
Are you eligible for the training?
We also help you weigh up eligibility factors such as:
- Employment status – can you undertake an apprenticeship or traineeship through your current employer?
- Age – do you meet minimum age requirements for your chosen industry?
- Schooling – are you a school-based apprentice?
- Location – are you considering an apprenticeship in Brisbane or a different state?
- Working Rights – does your current visa afford you the appropriate rights?
Pave the way for a hands-on career. Contact us today to discuss your apprenticeship and traineeship options.
There are a range of financial assistance options available for trainees and apprentices to better afford training. Please note that funding will not always cover all costs (e.g. uniforms, equipment, textbooks or other study materials).
TAFE Queensland Brisbane is here to talk you through all elements of your apprenticeship or traineeship, including what funding is available and for which payments you are eligible for.
Available Funding and Subsidies
Travel and accommodation subsidies
The Department of Education and Training provides a travel and accommodation subsidy to eligible apprentices and trainees (not school-based) to attend training for their apprenticeship or traineeship.
Federal Government Payments
Currently, the Australian Government provides the following support and financial help to eligible apprentices and trainees:
Some training organisations are funded by the Queensland Government to provide training and assessment services for some apprenticeships and traineeships, at a reduced cost, under the User Choice program. You and your chosen employer have the option of utilising this program, or choosing to pay the full amount for training if funding is not available.
Talk to us today about financial assistance for your traineeship or apprenticeship.
Get in touch today